Check Out These DIY Christmas Decorations
Christmas would not feel like Christmas without the decorations filling our surroundings with the magic, sparkling warmth of the season. After you have baked your cookies, start a tradition of crafting Christmas decorations with your family to give away as gifts or to adorn your home with memories for seasons to come. We scoured the Internet and found some of the prettiest DIY Christmas decorations to try this year.
- Dainty Tree – What this tiny tree lacks in size it makes up for with elegance and whimsy. It’s perfect for a small apartment or even a child’s bedroom. Select a pretty twig with ample branches for hanging three (or so) coordinated ornaments. Stand in a decorative vase, glass, or jar lit with LED fairy lights. Tutorial
- Cozy Pillows – Perfect for snuggling in the glow of the Christmas tree, these easy to make flannel covers quickly transform ordinary throw pillows into winter wonders. Tutorial
- Rustic Containers – Using a chalk paint pen and galvanized metal buckets, spell out a cheerful word like joy or noel. Tie the buckets with festive ribbon and fill with Christmas blooms and greenery. Tutorial
- Timeless Reindeer Garland – This garland will remind you of the decorations from your childhood. Simple to construct, print out the template, trace onto cardstock, cut out the reindeer and Santa’s sleigh, attach with candy-striped string, and embellish as much or as little as you like. Tutorial
- Popsicle Snowflake – A step up from paper snowflakes, these are made with popsicle sticks, glue, paint, and glitter (if you please). Each of these handmade snowflakes will be unique – just like they are in nature – but they will never melt in front of the fire. Tutorial
- Floral Tree – Brighten up your traditional Christmas tree with a wreath of colorful silk blooms. Choose a rainbow of bright colors, a simple palette, or even silver and gold metallic colors for the season. Cut the fake stems short and artfully insert them until you have a garland spiraling your tree. The more blooms, the better. Tutorial
- Frosty Planters – Create wintry topiaries in an array of containers to adorn your doorway, tablescape, or fireplace. Select a group of coordinated containers, stuff with floral foam, and fill with arrangements of frosted greenery and festive flower pics. Tutorial
- Winter Wonderland – Create the look of a sudden frost using branches, glue, and clear vase filler. These “frozen” branches will sparkle stuck in Christmas trees, filling vases, in a centerpiece or placed atop a mantel place. Add fairy lights for extra twinkle. Tutorial
- Pasta Perfection – This cute creation is a great activity for you and your children. Create garlands of sparkling bows using string and bow tie pasta. Coat pasta with glue and cover both sides with glitter. Use food coloring to make red, green, or any color. And you thought your days of stringing macaroni were long over! Tutorial
These fun DIY Christmas decorations will not only make your home feel cozy and festive for the holidays, they are also a great holiday activity to do with your family. Happy decorating and merry Christmas!
Learn more about the benefits of banking with Members Plus today!
Return to Blog