Branch Manager-Norwood Branch
The Branch Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the branch. The Branch Manager will provide a superior level of service to members in various account transactions, loan applications and new accounts, as well as providing leadership and supervision to frontline personnel assigned to the branch. The Branch Manager is also responsible for solving problems within established guidelines and manages the safety and security of the branch.Apply Now
- Supervise all daily activities of all frontline personnel assigned to the branch and maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff, insuring effective employee relations.
- Apply and evaluate policies and procedures for the branch. Ensure that the branch is in compliance with federal laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other regulatory agencies.
- Hire, train and evaluate job performance of the branch staff to ensure quality of work and service to members.
- Provide quality service to members, including but not limited to opening accounts, including IRAs and certificate of deposits, providing loan information and assisting with members concerns and complaints.
- Assist in the origination of mortgage loan applications and originate, underwrite, approve and disburse consumer loans in accordance with Consumer Loan Policies. Forward all non-conforming applications to the loan department and act as a liaison between the loan department and the members.
- Monitor branch activity, including number of transactions, volume, teller errors, loan volume, new accounts and product and services sales for the branch.
- Settle the branch and report the results to the accounting department. Assist all branch personnel in daily settlement as may be necessary
- Order cash as necessary for the branch and ATM to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the branch at all times.
- Perform weekly audits on all vaults and monthly audits on all teller drawers.
- Prepare branch reports necessary, including the American Express remittance, Traveler’s Checks, official check remittances, new accounts and branch sales and incentive reports and any other reports assigned by senior management.
- Ensure that staff receives on-going training on security and robbery procedures.
- Evaluate the internal controls and security procedures of the branch and make appropriate recommendations to senior management.
- Act as a liaison between the membership and back office personnel, provide preliminary product information and support, and refer appropriate issues to various departments as needed.
- Participate in promotional activities within the branch environment and sponsored community events aimed at increasing the credit union’s level of member penetration.
- Will maintain the highest level of confidentiality in safe guarding member non-public personal information.
- Bachelor degree in a business related discipline or equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- Five or more years experience working in banking or credit union retail branch management.
- National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) is required within 30 days of active employment with MPCU.
- Strong working knowledge of all banking products and services and related compliance rules/regulations.
- Solid understanding of consumer & mortgage lending policies and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to cross-sell and explain products and services with confidence and authority.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to successfully motivate and train staff.
- Customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to be a team player and lead by example.
- Operation of Data Processing equipment and terminals.
- P.C. skills: basic familiarity with Windows 2010, Word, Excel and Outlook.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes; premium health/dental, life, and disability insurance, medical flexible spending plan, inpatient medical deductible reimbursements, medical supplemental insurance, employee assistance program, 401(k) & Roth and employer match, defined benefit plan (pension), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and paid holidays.
About Members Plus Credit Union
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Members Plus Credit Union has been in the credit union industry and serving its communities for over 75 years. Members Plus is a non-profit financial institution owned by over 9,400 members with an asset size of over $240 million. Our mission is to provide quality, innovative, competitive, and secure financial products and services to our expanding membership. We offer financial products such as checking and saving accounts, money market accounts, certificates of deposit, IRAs, and mortgage loans and consumer loan products and more.