Digital User Privacy & Cookies Policy
Collection of Information
Categories of Non-Public Personal Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect nonpublic personal information you provide to us when you apply for an MPCU account or when you communicate with us about your MPCU account. The types of information we may collect include your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, bank account information, social security number, username, password, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information About Your Transactions With Us
As you use your MPCU account to perform financial transactions, we collect nonpublic personal information in connection with each transaction, including transaction time, dollar amount and merchant details.
Information From Other Sources
When you create an MPCU account, we may collect information, including nonpublic personal information, about you from nonaffiliated third-party service providers in order to verify your identity, for fraud prevention, including your prior addresses and names, and to verify your eligibility for products and services.
Other Information We Collect
We may also collect other information from you that is not connected with an MPCU account as follows:
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect information you provide to us, such as your name, email address and any other information you choose to provide. For example, we may collect such information if you enter into any contest or promotion.
Information We Collect Automatically from our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you as follows:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. We may also collect other device identification information for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud, including battery life, whether the device is moving and its camera capabilities.
- Stored Information: We may access information you have stored on your mobile device via our mobile app in accordance with the permission process set by your mobile device.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information on our Services and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use of Information
We may use your information, including nonpublic personal information as follows:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by MPCU and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest or promotion entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
MPCU is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Disclosure of Information
Please see the MPCU Consumer Privacy Notice for information on how Personal Information may be shared and how you may be able to limit certain types of sharing.
You may edit your account profile information by logging into your account via our Services. If you wish to delete or deactivate your online account, please contact us, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages from MPCU by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you initially consent to the collection of precise location information by MPCU or Google Maps within our mobile application, you may be able to subsequently stop this collection through your device operating system settings or through your online account settings. If either of these opt-out options are not available to you, you may also disable collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile application from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Social Sharing Features
Our Services include social sharing features for common social networks to let users share content. These features are served from third-party services that may serve their own cookies. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
MPCU takes reasonable measures to help protect all information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Additionally, MPCU implements policies designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your nonpublic personal information. MPCU implements security practices and procedures designed to protect the confidentiality and security of such information and prohibit unlawful disclosure of such information in accordance with its policies. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure.
If you have any questions about this Digital Privacy & Cookies Policy, please call 781-905-1500 or go to www.memberspluscu.org.